Friday, June 24, 2011

~Contractions? What?~

Yesterday, my internet was finally fixed after much debate with the housing office & the telephone company on post. They were making it into this huge issue & saying that it would be a big process that they were not responsible for fixing. I'm pretty sure that I didn't build this house & disconnect wires in the back so, it's not my responsibility. Anywho, thank you Century Link for coming out & fixing the issue in less than 10 minutes. Ta-da! I now have internet :) 


Because my lack of internet for a while, I haven't been able to keep you updated on some exciting things going on. On Tuesday, I was with my friends & I started having these weird pains in my lower stomach. My friend, Allie, has two kids so I asked her what these pains were & after describing them to her, we both decided, "Oh my gosh, these are contractions!" So, we timed them for an hour & each contraction was 7 minutes apart. Josh was (& still is) in the field so he couldn't be here to time them with me. I called the hospital & was told to go to Labor & Delivery to be hooked up to the monitor. 
Sidenote: I truly believe that the OBGYN Clinic & Labor & Delivery have possibly some of the worst staff I have ever seen. Talk about unorganized, & uneducated people. If you even work at the Labor & Delivery desk, you should have some common knowledge of pregnancy & what to look for when having contractions. But needless to say, the receptionist was not much smarter in that category than a brick would be. Ooops, let's pretend I whispered that :)


Back to my story. So, I'm sitting in an exam room in Labor & Delivery where they have me hooked up to the contractions monitor (toco machine) and the heartbeat monitor to track Chase's heartbeat. I saw FOUR different nurses and had to explain FOUR different times why I was there. Really now? Seriously? "Ma'am, you're here just to have a UTI test done, right?" "Ma'am, why is it that you're here?" I don't know, I just came here to hang out on this ultra comfortable bed and be hooked up to these ultra comfortable monitors that you strap onto me so nice and loose (that's complete sarcasm if you didn't catch it). Everything with Chase was fine and I was in fact having contractions but I wasn't dilating at all so they sent me home (with contractions that were now 6 minutes apart) & told me to take a hot shower or something. Awesome advice, I know. OH! This is the best part. So, since I am still pre-term, they told me that they cant deliver pre-term babies. They want me, if I am to go into labor before 37 weeks, to drive to Topeka which is one hour away, to have my baby. How convenient is that? I tell ya, this hospital is great... just kidding. 


It's Friday & I am not having anymore contractions. I am still cramping pretty bad sometimes, but I have an appointment this coming Thursday so, who knows... maybe I'll be having Chase earlier than expected. It may sound terrible but I am ready to have him now. It's too hot with this extra weight in the front of me. And you should see me swimming. I tried floating on my back & my belly is like an anchor; I sunk to the bottom. I thought for sure I could float on my belly but that failed too. I don't think I will be frequenting the pool too much when Chase is born but I do plan to go at least once with him for a very short amount of time. I just want to see his reaction to all the water :) His face, I'm sure, will be so adorable! I'm anxious to kiss those chunky cheeks... Any day now, little man, any day now. 


This weekend, I asked Josh if we could have a "Date Day" since Chase will be here soon & we won't exactly be having too many dates while he is a baby. I think it would be fun to go to Topeka & see what there is to see. I've heard great things about it & I've read that there is a bunch to do. Topeka Info Here. Either way, no matter what Josh & I do this weekend, I'm sure we will have fun. We always do! 


Alright well, I'll keep you posted on any exciting news regarding Chase! Have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment