Saturday, June 4, 2011

~Baby Room Ideas~

Since being in Kansas, (this place has some crazy weird weather... more on that later) Josh & I have been overloaded with a bunch of things going on. Okay, I'm not nearly as overloaded as Josh but I'm pregnant & it seems like A LOT! So, what do I mean by overloaded? I have found that I am a "Jane of all trades" because I have put together a changing table, hung curtains, did all of that gardening (which you saw earlier & for the record, I had to dig a massive hole!), and I've done several other "housewife" tasks: dropping off/picking up dry cleaning, grocery shopping (the cashiers have to think I have like 3 kids with the amount of food I buy. No, I just have a very hungry husband!), and of course, the daily cleaning. With a dog who somehow always finds the mud & a husband who fails to listen to my constant nagging of "don't wear your shoes on the carpet please," I probably vacuum a bajillion times a week. That's a bunch of vacuuming! Needless to say, I nap a whole lot during the day because at this point (33 weeks almost), I am a very tired lady from doing more than my body can handle right now. 
When I'm not napping, or cleaning, or running errands, or gardening, I spend quite a bit of time in Chase's room putting things away, organizing, and getting some ideas about how I would like to decorate. I really enjoy thinking that I could paint this absolutely marvelous mural on his wall. Notice that I said I enjoy thinking that I could do that but I do not have the patience or the painting abilities to do that! However, I might be slightly crafty and paint a monogram thing on the wall. It would be super cute, but we'll see how my ever-changing ideas spill out over this next week :) Here is a picture of what I was sort of thinking of doing:

Obviously this would say Chase Daniel :) But I would love to do this (at the moment) on one of his walls and the colors would be chocolate brown, tan and sage green. This is just an idea but what do you think? I was also thinking of painting an accent wall in his room on the wall with the huge window. That is a HUGE debate because unfortunately with military housing, when you move, you have to repaint the walls to white if you have painted over them. Isn't that crazy? I think it is because the housing offices idea of cleaning the walls in military housing is just to paint them with a really thick coat of paint and voila!, the "dirty" look on walls disappears! Laziness... pure laziness! So like I said, I'm really debating about this accent wall. We shall see :)
Josh has been very busy these past few weeks as well. He finally has his platoon & he is enjoying his job so far! That's always good because he's a happy camper when he comes home. BONUS FOR ME :) He has been training up a lot & doing a lot of things with his platoon. I really couldn't tell you what he's doing all day other than "Army stuff". He tries to explain it to me but with the ridiculous amount of acronyms that the Army uses, I get lost within the first 15 seconds of our conversation. I'm trying to learn these things, but it's WAY harder than you might imagine. As a supportive wife, I am going to be an active member of FRG (Family Readiness Group) & I've been asked to be the co-Leader. That sounds like a big deal but if I told you what I do, you would realize that it doesn't hold much significance. It does sound pretty important though, right? ;) So... FRG basically is a way of the spouses to be informed of what's going on & to help organize events that the Company might be holding. It's going to be really helpful when Josh is deployed. 
Before I go, I just thought I'd mention that I posted on the side of my blog the book that I'm currently reading. If you've never heard of this book, or have but do not know if it's worth the read... IT"S AWESOME! I am loving this book & it definitely is an uplifting book to read. Okay, I'm done boring you... wait, I said I would talk about the weather in Kansas. Basically, it's weird. It's unpredictable. hot, humid, rainy, very rainy, tornado prone, flood prone, overcast almost always, and just plain crazy. Come visit & you will see what I mean. You're not missing too much... except for seeing me of course! Ha! 
Goodnight all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment