Thursday, February 3, 2011

~Not So Traditional~

I recently discussed my baby shower with my mom; well, I actually wrote her a long message to her on facebook discussing my baby shower. I have read numerous websites where it discusses baby shower etiquette and who should be the one to throw a baby shower. Only one website mentioned that it was "non-traditional" for the mommy-to-be to throw the baby shower or help out, however it does happen more commonly now. 
Well, maybe I'm just a little not so traditional. I have so many ideas about what I would love to have at my baby shower as far as decorations, favors, games, food (sweets obviously!), and the whole shabang. I'm starting to think that I should've went to school for wedding planning or party planning in general. (Is there an even a school for that?)
It's so crazy because I sit here and I get all excited just thinking about the baby shower. I would love to have the shower when I'm 7 months pregnant. That gives me about 3 months or so to get things in order with my mom. Well, do you want to see some of my random ideas?
This is one of the invitations that I thought were just adorable. And I love the green/blue design in the back. I found this invitation here
There are so many baby shower invitations on that website and two other ones that I thought were pretty cute are these:


Okay, so I'm noticing that I really love the "vintage" look to things. Please feel free to cast your opinions as to which is the cutest invitation!
Because of my love of the "vintage" or "poppytalk" style, I found an awesome website that has cute DIY ideas for creating your Vintage Baby Shower. Check it out! One of the  ideas, if you don't feel like checking out the website, is this:
This is all DIY, and you can find all of the supplies right at a craft store. I prefer Michael's Craft Store. :) 

So, now that my mind is going everywhere and I'm almost jumping up and down with excitement, I'm going to end here. I will be sure to update you on any new things that I find. 
One last thing. . . I promise this time! 

These are both examples of DIY cupcake toppers. Aren't they too adorable? 

A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. -Carl Sandburg

No comments:

Post a Comment