Thursday, January 27, 2011

~My Idea & Oprah Discussion~

So, everyone has been asking if I thought of a theme for the baby's room, or at least a paint color. To be honest, I hadn't given much thought to it before because I always thought for sure that the walls would be pink for a girl and green or blue for a boy. I've passed those thoughts now that I saw the most amazingly cute bedding/curtains ever! Ya'll (I'm sorry, the south has made it obvious that 'ya'll' sounds better than 'you all') may disagree with me on this but that's perfectly fine. Just tell me your thoughts on this cuteness! My reason for falling in love with this baby room is because it could be suitable for either a boy or girl! And obviously, when I find out the sex of the baby, I can always change some things.
That's just one of my many thoughts going on through this busy mind.
This is my Oprah section. Well, today her episode was all about how military personnel and families sacrifice so much. I think it is awesome that Oprah, one of the prime people to get something out there about this, has FINALLY had a show about this! I haven't had to experience Josh getting deployed yet but I know plenty of people who have had this experience. It is a huge sacrifice on both ends. Not only is the spouse getting deployed putting their life on the line for all of us back home, but he or she is leaving their family to do so. I imagine it would be hard to be a stay at home parent as well. You have to juggle working, cleaning, cooking, taking care of the children, and keeping things positive around the house. On top of that, you have the constant worry in the back of your mind of whether or not your loved one is coming home. If you are not a military spouse and you are reading this, just imagine having to worry about your loved one not coming home, all the time. It's scary. But this is what people around you do all the time. As Michelle Obama said, "Strength, Pride, Sacrifice, and willingness to do all of this without complaint"... is what amazed her most about military families. It takes a lot to be an Army Wife or Army Husband. I just think that military families, both the soldier and the family, who have been through a deployment deserve a huge thank you. They sacrifice so much each day and have a strength that some may never understand unless they've been through it. Next time you encounter a military family, it wouldn't hurt to say thank you. I will do the same.
P.S- If you haven't seen the episode that I am talking about, please find it and take the hour to watch it. It's amazing and has amazing stories from real military spouses. It's emotional, but gives you a whole new understanding of military life.

No comments:

Post a Comment