Thursday, January 27, 2011

~The First Steps~

Well, I finally found something so spectacular to start a blog about! Unfortunately, my idea is not super original because there are so many people who clearly thought of this before me. But, that's okay! I've decided to blog about my journey to motherhood and my journey as a new Army Wife. Do you see what I mean about the originality? Ha! Just stick with me and I promise to keep you coming back for more exciting reads!
So, I'll just give you some basic history of what's been happening. My husband, Josh, and I got married May 23rd, 2010 after being together for 3 1/2 long years. We moved to Fort Benning, GA from New York where he attended USMA and where I lived my whole.entire.life. Let's just say that I was a little more than happy to escape the freezing winters and my town that had all of two stop lights. Upon arriving in Georgia, we decided to get a puppy, Finn, to fill our lives with excitement and to make me feel safe at home when Josh is off training. Finn is nothing close to a guard dog. He loves everyone and the only thing that makes the hair stand up on his back is the wind. But we love him to pieces and he definitely has added joy into our lives. Soon after getting Finn, Josh started training in which he'd go into the field for a week at a time. It was. . different at first. I'm not one to be home alone a lot but I've gotten used to it now. During this training course, we had discussed children and when we would think about trying to get pregnant; basically, a year turned into 6 months, which turned into "Why not try now?" In November, I found out that I was pregnant just before Josh graduated from his training course! We were both ecstatic! Christmas came around, and we told family about it and as you can imagine, everyone was very happy for us. Surprised that we didn't wait too long to start a family. . but thrilled to say the least! January 2nd, I drove Josh to Ranger School. This training course is our first time at being away from each other for more than a week; this is a 2 month training course. He got one 8 hour break between phases 1&2 and it was awesome seeing him! He finally got to see his sweet little baby for the first time. 
This is our little peanut :)



Now, he has 2 more phases left. . the tough phases. I've been praying for him like a crazy woman. February 10th will be an exciting date to look forward to hearing about because hopefully, I'll be able to find out the sex of our baby! I am more than excited and I'll be sure to let everyone know! 
So, you're up to date on what's been happening so far! This is my first steps into becoming a mother, and being an Army Wife. I have a long journey ahead so it's bound to be interesting! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay I'm so happy you have a blog! I can't wait to hear all about your little one...so happy for you guys!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete