Thursday, September 29, 2011

~A Much Needed Update~

Where in the world do I begin? A lot has been going on in my neck of the woods. I'm a huge fan of making lists, so, I will list several things that have been going on & go from there!
1. I had a baby. . . You have probably figured that out by now, huh?
2. My "baby brain" still exists & is probably worse now. 
3. I am finishing my bachelors degree online @ Kansas State University- it's a slow process. 
4. My husband is doing amazingly fantastic things with his career :)
5. Is it allergy season already?! Lord, help me now.
6. Chase was diagnosed with Pyloric Stenosis & underwent surgery.
7. I've started "30 day shred". . . Jillian Michaels is a beast.
8. I'm determined to master one handed gourmet cooking. 


Okay, that's basically like a list of chapters for a book. But I promise I wont make this post into a book. Or at least I'll try not to. So, let's begin with #1. I had a baby. If you would like to know some wonderful details, here ya go: I was 41 weeks and 2 days by the time that Chase Daniel McChrystal decided to enter into this wonderful world. I was what you might call "miserable". Being 9 days late felt like for.ever. But, it was well worth it when I got to hold my handsome baby boy. He was born on August 7th, 2011 at 12:24am. He was 21" long and weighed 7 lbs 15.5 oz. He was and is perfect :)


#2: My increasingly worse "baby brain" still exists. Everyday, I probably lose something, forget something, lock myself out of the house, go to get something out of the kitchen and end up standing there staring into the cabinets like I'm lost, or I just lose my mind. Sounds fun, right? I think I overdo myself sometimes with things that I have to or want to do. Well, I have learned that I need to not do that, especially since I have a baby who loves his mommy's attention. Josh has caught me quite a few times stuck in my baby brain. I used to be able to tell him where things are and now, I do this: "Check in the closet. I know it's there. . . wait, actually, it's probably in the garage or in your truck. I don't know where I put it, actually; I forget." He gets so frustrated with me when I do that and reasonably so. I frustrate myself :) When in the world will this baby brain go away? Does it go away?
#3: Finishing my bachelors. This is a very time consuming process and one that I am going to have to do slower than I would like. I recently got an email saying that I can graduate in the Spring if I take 18 credits for the Spring semester. I tell you now. . . I'm not graduating in the Spring. No way. I'm currently taking 12 credits and to get homework done is like me trying to take a nap nowadays. . . nearly impossible! Thank God for an awesome husband who watches Chase for me sometimes so I can get some homework done. I think I'll be doing 12 credits in the Spring and then 6 in the Summer. I cannot overload my schedule any more than it already is. I might lose my mind (even more than I already have!).  What's my major? Psychology. Is it easy? Eh, sometimes. Do I enjoy it? Absolutely. What do I want to do with it? Work with soldiers who are trying to cope with PTSD. Why? I wrote a paper about it in Experimental Psych & my heart immediately fell in love with that area of psychology/counseling. Enough about that, though :)
#4: Time to brag about my husband. Josh is an awesome guy & he has been doing wonderful things with his career so far! He is an Infantry Platoon Leader & just recently was appointed as the new PL for the Scout Platoon. What is the Scout Platoon? He describes it as "the guys who really want to be in the army and enjoy doing their job. They're fit, more knowledgable, and enjoy what they do". I thought this was pretty awesome for Josh to get this position. I'm proud of him!
#5: Allergy Season. My house sounds like a congested, coughing, sneezing mess. It's awful. I'm congested, and have watery eyes. Josh is congested, coughing, sneezing (obnoxiously), and just a mess. And my dog is itching like crazy. It's terrible. My household would be the perfect ad for how Claritin or Tylenol Allergy would be beneficial for those suffering from allergies! P.s- none of those allergy medicines seem to be working. How wonderful is that? Not so much.
#6: Chase's surgery. On Monday afternoon, after dealing with chase throwing up all day and previous days, I called the nurse hotline to ask what I should do. I told her the situation : he would eat, and minutes later, throw all of it up, and more all day. All day is no exaggeration. She suggested I go to the ER asap. So I did, and sure enough, he had Pyloric Stenosis. The pylorus is a muscle that leads to the small intestine from the stomach that lets food pass through. His pylorus was overgrown and would not let food pass through, therefore, it came back up. We were told to get to Kansas City to Childrens Mercy Hospital asap so he could have surgery. So we left asap and he underwent surgery on Tuesday morning. They made two small incisions on his stomach and cut his pylorus open so it would allow food to pass through.It was a long 2 days for him. I felt terrible seeing him sick, crying hysterically, and being so hungry. But he is MUCH better and is eating like a fool :) Lots of prayers and positive thinking helped us out through this scary time.
#7: Losing weight. I started "30 day shred" by Jillian Michaels and it's supposed to get you into amazing shape in 30 days. Well, I was sore after the first day. It works really well! I love it so far and it being 20 minutes long is awesome. It's 20 minutes of nonstop working out. . . it's killer but if you're like me and expect immediate change, this is the DVD to get. I have a goal of losing 30 pounds, healthily. This and eating right are my first two steps :) Wish me luck!
#8. One handed gourmet chef. A lot of times, when dinner needs to be made, Chase needs to be held. I'm constantly juggling a baby in one arm and cooking everything in the other. I still try to make awesome meals while holding him, and I am so determined to be that gourmet chef, but with one hand. Chopping is hard with one hand, but I'm pretty talented ;) I figured out how to do so much one handed: laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, even taking out the trash!!! It's tough work, but what can I say? I'm pretty amazing. Be jealous :)

Well, there is an update! Hope I didn't bore you. Here are some pictures to make you smile :)




That's my handsome boy :)






No comments:

Post a Comment